We work closely with local sweeping service LOVE YOUR STOVE. The sweep is officially accredited and highly skilled as well as being a heating engineer who can answer any stove questions you may have.
As well as getting your chimney swept at least annually, stove manufacturers recommend that your stove is checked and serviced each year. This will identify and put right any problems.
LOVE YOUR STOVE will:
- Clean out the inside of the stove and the glass.
- Check the stove casing integrity
- Check the door fit
- Check for worn, loose or missing fire rope and replace
- Check any seals on the glass and replace
- Check the throat plate (aka baffle plate) for damage or distortion
- Check and if necessary reapply fire cement to stove pipes and flue adaptors
- Check air controls and clean air channels
- Check for damaged or cracked fire bricks and replace
- Check seals around register plate (if a flue liner or twin wall flue system is not fitted)
Stove servicing is only carried out when LOVE YOUR STOVE sweeps your chimney.
To book a sweep and service, please email email@example.com and they will get back to you.
Elcombe carry a range of different size fire ropes and can cut replacement 25mm thick fire bricks to size. There is no charge for fitting, just for parts, which will vary depending on the stove.
T: 01453 700211